Our Progress Over the Years
The house above is the old Pierce Telephone office, housing the manual telephone exchange
for Pierce before 1954. Mr. R.E. Dutcher resided there from about 1916 until 1954. He was
the owner of the telephone company during that time.
The brick building directly to the back of the house was the new telephone office that was built in 1953 or 1954 by Roy Synovec of Pierce.
The building to the left of the telephone office was the Dr. Dan Duff veterinarian office. This building was torn down in 1977 to make way for a new telephone warehouse.
Pictured above is the Pierce Telephone building after remodeling was completed in 1968. The building is actually the old office, which was built in 1953 or 1954, with the new addition. The front bricks on the old structure were taken off and the entire building and addition covered with light colored bricks.
Pierce Office Today.
Thanks for your interest in our free, monthly newsletter.
It's the best way to stay informed about upcoming events, local discussion and writing groups, new website content, and special announcements and offers.